Friday, December 5, 2014

Welcome!

Well blog world, I'm back again! I had a blog about 6-7 years ago that I was pretty good at keeping up with. Then, LIFE got in the way and well....it got lost. So here I am, years later and LOTS of new things happening.

I got married in March of 2014. I married who I believe is the best man to walk this Earth. We went to high school together, But I was  a snobby bitch too busy in my own world to notice. We hung out with the same group of friends so we knew who each other were but thanks to Facebook we reconnected and the rest is history! Shortly (and I a mean, VERY shortly) after we got hitched, we found out I was pregnant. Now here I am 34 weeks pregnant, impatiently awaiting the arrival of our first son!

A little bit about my husband: He works offshore for 21 days and is home for 21 days. He works VERY hard to provide for our {growing} family and I couldn't be a more prouder wife. (Is "prouder" a word??) Some ask if the distance is hard.... YES! Of course it is. He's not only my husband, but he is also my best friend. He sometimes misses holidays if his schedule falls that way, he misses family gathers, birthdays, you get the point. There are nights when he is gone where I don't want to hang out with anyone but him. I'm an "oilfield wife" and so yes, it's hard. Would you want to be away from your husband 6 months out of the year? Wait, don't answer that.. you might ;) But, we also have a strong enough relationship to where we can handle the distance. It makes the time when he is home that much more special. Do we argue and fight? Duh! Show me a couple that doesn't, and I promise they aren't happy or headed for divorce. He comes from a very close family that I love. He was raised by two amazing people that have shown him what a marriage is. Something I didn't get to grow up with. I know he is going to be an AMAZING father due to his upbringing and his big heart.

I {re}started this blog just as a way to get out thoughts, feelings, random shit, and to document our sons life. I promise not to post ONLY new mom and baby stuff. I will talk about whatever comes to mind that day. I can't promise I will post every day, but I will at least shoot for every week.

XO,

No comments: